Saturday 4 June 2011

Color Club - Keep it Under Cover

Hi all,

Today I have a set from wayy back in the Spring.. Color Club's Keep it Under Cover, which is half of their Alter Ego collection.
This set was purchased at Winners by my sister for $12.99. She also bought the Wicked Sweet set that was also in stock (more on this in a later post).


This set came with 6 colours and a top coat.
Alias
Alias is a very pretty purple duochrome that appears gold and green at different angles. I really like this colour - it's very mysterious.

On a side note, the word "alias" reminds me of Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace, which was a good read but slightly disturbing (I'd still recommend it to people though).

Alter Ego
This colour is pretty sweet too, I mean.. look at that gold and purple!

Masquerading
All of the polishes in this collection were 2-3 coaters.. and then I applied this one, which was prefect in one coat (you see two on my middle finger because I missed a spot the first time around).

Secret Agent
If I recall correctly, this was more pink based than the picture shows.
Secret Agent
You can't really see it, but the colour is more of a violet blue, with some gorgeous pink and blue shimmer.

Ulterior Motive
This one also has a similar shimmer to Secret Agent, but if you enlarge this picture you'll be able to see it.

So, what do you think?
I rather like this collection on a whole, I can't really pick out any outstanding colours.. except maybe Alias, which blew my socks off.. but they're all great in their own respective ways.

Bye for now!

-Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading my blog, and I'll try my best to reply to your comments!