Monday 23 May 2011

L.A. Colors Color Craze nail polish

Good evening everyone!

Today I have a set of L.A. Colors polish that was gifted to me by my sister! I've been really busy all day today, so I'm fairly exhausted.


These were found at Winners and sell for $9.99 (Canadian of course). I can't seem to find names on any of these.. but you know them (if they have any) please do tell!

This collection has a mix of shimmer and creme finishes. Application was decent and the dry time was about average- not too long, but not super fast either.
 My favourite out of the bunch, this pink creme has a bit of a berry undertone to it, and reminds me a little of pictures I've seen of Cult Nails' Devious Nature. The only downside to this polish is that I found it fairly sheer.. pictured is 4 coats.

Orange Shimmer, this one was also somewhat sheer.. 4 coats.

Gold, I thought this one would be as sheer as the other two, especially after the first coat, but it managed to be tolerably opaque after 3 coats

My second favourite, a blue (slightly teal) creme which reminds me of pictures I've seen of China Glaze's Shower Together. I don't own Shower Together, so I can't make any comparisons. Also covered well in 2 coats.
Green Creme, opaque in 2 coats and reminded me instantly of China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover.
Third Favourite, a pretty purple that is red based (not blue based like the picture at all.. for some reason my camera wouldn't pick up the right colour.. don't you hate that?), like the previous two colours, opaque in 2.
And finally, a dark grey shimmer.. this one is nice, but I don't wear many greys and it honestly suits my sister's taste more than my own. This was opaque in 2 coats.

Overall, it is a nice set, I'm generally really attracted to bright colours like these too. I'm really happy about the pink though.. my lemming for Devious Nature is slightly decreased now.. but it's still on my wishlist!

I should probably also state that these are all toluene, formaldehyde and DBP free.

In other news, I broke my left pinky nail down really short. I'll probably be wearing more subdued shades until it grows out to a length where it doesn't look like I've severed part of my finger off. :(

Bye for now!

-Marisa

3 comments:

  1. I don't think there is a bad color in the batch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog! Just started following :)
    Very cute colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the photo order: Power Outage, Shock, Seashell (i have that nail polish), Static Electricity, Palm Tree, Tropical Breeze, the last one I think it's Tropical Storm but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading my blog, and I'll try my best to reply to your comments!