Wednesday 7 December 2011

Guest Post #2 by Jennifer

Hi guys! For all of you who are unfamiliar with who I am, I'm Jennifer, Marisa's sister. I've done one guest post before a while back, but this is only my second one. Usually I do them when Marisa is plagued with exams, shuts herself in her room, and unintentionally neglects her blog (Marisa says sorry), which is the case right now. In fact, I've barely seen her outside of her room even thought my room is diagonally across from hers on the same floor. It's funny how that works. Anyways, I'm just here to add some life to this blog drought.

A couple of weeks ago, we got some polishes from the Models Own company in Britain. The bottles kind of look like super-sized Joe Fresh bottles, but the colours sent to us were very pretty and thus I have nothing to complain about. The colour I'm featuring in this post is Pinky Brown. It's a nice red/ purple - gold/ bronze duo-chrome. The application was fairly good. If I can remember correctly, my nails in this photo had two coats of the polish for it to be opaque.


Pinky-Brown - Models Own

The next manicure is actually one I did quite far back ago, during the summer. I really liked Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air polish, but I found that it was a bit sheer on its own, so I decided to layer it on top of some polishes (in this case, Planks a Lot by OPI and Lemon Fizz by China Glaze) to create a pastel-coloured semi-glittery manicure. It kind of reminds me of Easter. I put about two to three coats of Glitter in the Air on top of the base colours just to get a good amount of the glitter distributed evenly on each of my nails.

Glitter in the Air - Deborah Lippmann
Planks a Lot - OPI
Lemon Fizz - China Glaze

That's basically about it for this post. I do my nails quite often, but I rarely go on the computer (which is strange, seeing how I'm 14 years old and all of my other peers generally spend hours on the computer) and I'm often too lazy to transfer the photos from my phone to the computer. Since school has started, though, I've been preoccupied with school and so that has left less time for my nails to be pampered. I also play volleyball and other sports, so that didn't (and doesn't) really help at times. However, I'm not playing any sports at the moment as volleyball season just ended and I wasn't very interested in basketball, so my nails get a fair amount of good treatment from me. The other reason why I'm not very active at the moment being is because during volleyball I may have re-torn my knee ligament... It's been hurting for the last two weeks since volleyball has ended and as I'm typing this it is still hurting. Hm, maybe I should see my doctor..

Anyhow, enough of my random rambling. There's one more picture that I wanted to show y'all, and it's pretty funny (in my opinion, or else I wouldn't have taken it.). Here it is:

Darth Vader has a secret liking for nail polish. Does he use the Force to attract the bottles?

This was taken in the late summer, when I would do my nails so often that I would be too lazy to put away the bottles and instead leave them on my night table. Coincidentally, the Darth Vader bobblehead that we bought from the Smithsonian Air & Space museum in D.C. was also on my night table. Somehow the bottles just naturally ended up accumulating around the vicinity of Darth Vader. As you can tell, Marisa and I are Star Wars fans (or else we probably wouldn't have a bobblehead, t-shirt, paper weight, etc..). Who would have known that the gift shop in the Air & Space museum would have so much Star Wars paraphernalia? We were going to get a Yoda backpack too, but we were kind of running out of time.. I just found this scene funny. The contrast was very comedic. 

I hope you found this guest blog entertaining! Well, I at least hope that it put a temporary end to the lack of blog posts. Marisa has, as I said when I began this post, been plagued with final exams and so forth, so she hasn't gotten around to consistently posting on here. She apologizes! Her last exam is on December 14th, and she'll do her best to announce the winner of her giveaway on the 15th. 

Thanks for reading! 

- Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you for reading my blog, and I'll try my best to reply to your comments!